Making.

Thirteen weeks later and HERE WE ARE! Wow…okay.
.
.
Our final module ‘Making’, a collaboration of all the topics/ideas discussed in both lectures and tutorials – without which I would not have a ‘completed’ Digital Artefact to present. My digital artefact, ‘Unpublished Writings’ is an internationally accessible page on Instagram which publishes my own personal creative media.
.
The ‘Ideating’ and ‘Prototyping’ phases helped greatly in realising that the environment for my concept is constantly changing, assisting in learning how to change with it to extend my reach, all whilst maintaining my current audience. The majority of changes made to my DA were applied in the prototyping phase, therefore a significant amount of the ‘Making’ module is a continuation of the ideas implemented.
.
Within the space of 8/9 weeks, I’ve almost tripled my following through introducing a new aesthetic and focusing upon a specific audience – helping me to realise that a relationship between publisher and the audience is crucial.
Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 9.48.11 pm.png
With the feedback received through the feedback loops implemented, I will continue to post more diverse materials – continuing to work towards publishing in differing mediums as well. Feedback loops have proven to have a massive importance in properly engaging with my audience and responding to their wants, therefore I will continue to utilise them to ensure I create an artefact largely based upon my audience’s wishes.
Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 12.55.29 pm.png
Recently, I changed my page to a business profile with the purpose of monitoring audience engagement and other analytics. This aided in recognising that the majority of my audience’s activity was in Sydney and Wollongong, also learning that the majority of my audience were women between the ages of 17 – 24.
Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 9.49.57 pm.png
Through this, I was also able to understand the texts best responded to (being materials more personal and mentally stimulating) and acknowledge this through producing and publishing materials that would promote audience engagement.
Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 1.08.28 pm.pngOverall, Week 10 – Remaking was personally the most influential lecture/tutorial, being a week of summarisation, it increased my understanding of the intertwining elements that go towards making media and the different components that must be comprehended to formulate a successful digital artefact.
.
Whilst coming closer to the completion of my digital artefact, I have realised that Instagram is not necessary FIST (fast, inexpensive, simple, tiny). Greatly due to the difficulty of writing materials that are worthy to publish, all whilst completing other university work and other priorities. But this experience has been incredibly educational, and I hope to continue this artefact following the conclusion of the BCM114 subject.
.
Y’all, it has been fun!
.
.
Olivia Neskovski.
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s